Monday, August 22, 2016

Dreams and Goals

I close my eyes and am still. I place myself in the presence of God- what does that feel like? It feels peaceful, relaxed, it feels like being whole, one person, at rest. I wish I could stay this way forever. I should draw on this feeling throughout my day- bring this presence with me always.

I'm taken back to a time when I was busy, and loving it. I'm taken back to a time in my life when I had a goal and was pouring my whole self into accomplishing it. I see myself as I was, full of discipline, drive, and single-minded focus. I feel the feelings I had then, feelings of joy, fullness, fire, and life. And I wonder where all of that went.

Maybe it was when I started to fail at things I tried and gave up rather than pushed on. Or perhaps when I got put down by others and became too afraid of what people thought of me. Maybe it's because the biggest dreams I had actually came true. There are a variety of reasons why we stop trying, stop striving, stop *dreaming* about what we want and dedicate ourselves to the hard work it will take to get there.

My Father is calling me, encouraging me to start dreaming again, and this both surprises and excites me. We are never "finished." We are never "done" until our last breath is drawn. Just because I accomplished two of my life goals doesn't mean I hang up my towel and plug on- no! I had dreams in my youth, what will the dreams of my adulthood be?

No comments :

Post a Comment